Brynford Community Council is pleased to announce that the new website is now LIVE – http://www.brynfordcommunitycouncil.gov.uk/

This website will remain online for the next few weeks until the new website is well established.

– Wednesday 4th July at Brynford
School. This was well attended with both staff and pupils making everyone feel welcome. The pupils gave us an introduction to the Heritage Trail along with a multimedia presentation of the new App which is now available. There then followed a series of re-enactments by the pupils at the Old School, Church and Village Green based on the trail.
Members of Brynford Community Council were also present and Interpretation Panels were unveiled by Councillor Jean Davies. A big thanks to everyone involved with the project and congratulations to the pupils and staff of Brynford School for providing us with a most enjoyable event.
The New Brynford Website is due to go live in October.
For more information on the Heritage Trail please click HERE

Further Images   


Welcome to the Brynford and Calcoed Village Website which was established in August 2002. Its aim is to give some information about aoimg_jpgthe area both for local residents and visitors browsing the web. It is supported by Brynford Parish Council but is not an official means of disseminating information from the Parish Council, nor from any other organisation or individual. The site needs to evolve and expand so ideas from individuals regarding its future are more than welcome.
Brynford is situated close to the A55 about 1 mile away from the town of Holywell in the county of Flintshire, North Wales. It has a population of about 2250 residents and is set 230 metres (750 feet) above sea level.
Amenities include:
• Primary School
• Day Nursery

• Inn
• Church
• Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (Calcoed)
• Golf Course
• Village Shop
• Pet Cemetery

Brynford and Calcoed both get a mention in the Domesday Book of 1086, but the parish of Brynford came into being in 1853, firstly carved out of 2 older parishes of Holywell and Ysgeifiog. St. Michael’s Parish Church was formerly dedicated by the Bishop of St. Asaph on 1st July 1853 and cost £2030 which included The Parsonage House (opposite church) and The Church School (formerly The Church Hall).

It is surrounded by heather clad common land and several tumuli, cairns and earth circles are in evidence. Much of the area is farmed and there is a large expanse of common grazing land

H.M. Stanley, who went to Africa to find Dr. Livingstone, was a student teacher in the old village school!

Waen y Brodlas